Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fast Week

Well the week is coming to an end and we will be heading back home tomorrow. Joy and I have had a really good time sewing and generally messing around. We have visited with friends, but mainly the time has been spent in her sewing room. I completed a "strip" quilt that I really love. I have been wanting to do one and it really helped to have her show me what to do (I did the whole thing myself with her guidance). The binding is sewn on, but the hand work still has to be done.

Next project was to make a pillow case. We had made one years ago and I had completely forgotten how to do it. So we both made one at the same time and they turned out really cute. I want to be able to make some more by myself and I now feel confident enough to do it.

We moved on to place mats. I have been wanting to do place mats for a long so Joy showed me two different ways to do them. One way is to sew and turn and the other is to quilt and then bind. The quilt and bind is really professional looking - more time consuming, but worth it once the project is finished. I have to take the place mats home and complete them there. I also bought some material to do some autumn type mats that I think will be beautiful and perfect for Thanksgiving.

We will have sewing to do when we are home at my house and I am looking forward to being home. It is always nice to visit, but there no place like HOME!

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still LOVE your blog. (I don't use facebook)so it's nice to be pleasantly surprised to see the new entries. I love the purple quilt colors. The placemats are very cool too. VERY nice work!
Glad you had time to spend with your awesome sister.
I'm so thankful that you're feeling better.
See you soon. Love, Deb