Thursday, February 22, 2007

Nearing the finish line







Amazingly we are coming to a close with the addition. The carpet will be installed tomorrow morning! The addition is incredible and they did a wonderful job. I was pushing the contractor to be finished today so we had the painter, the roofer and the plumber here doing finishing. Roofer attached the down spouts, plumber connected the water faucet at the back of the house and painter guy is doing all the touch up and finishing work. All the doors are hung with the exception of the sliding closet doors (they need to wait until the carpet is installed). All the light fixtures are up and I am so excited to see what it is going to look like was the carpet is down and it is all tied together. It should not take too long to install the flooring in my new sewing room, which I totally love. The window in the sewing room is really great! It is completely mirrored so you cannot see in but I have great light and view of the back yard. Am I happy – OH YEAH!
They still have a lot of clean up to do and build our back step (we want it to be brick to match the other steps). The stove will be installed on Wednesday and then we can have our final inspection and final walk through. Even though I am going to have to clean the WHOLE house from top to bottom, the addition is completely worth it. It really does look awesome and blends with the house as if it had been built that way.
Later . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see the finished house.

Anonymous said...

wow i cant believe its real i am so happy for you it has turned out perfectly.....