Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time passing . . .

Hard to believe that the time has passed and tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  We are all looking forward to Max's arrival for the day - some more than others I am sure:)  Devin continues to do well and is more accepting of his limitations as time passes.  It is difficult to be dependent on someone else to help with all the basic needs.  He is spending more time interacting with the family and using his wheelchair.  He cannot really manage to get around the house because it is a tricky trip because of the extended front for his legs.

I have totally enjoyed my time bonding with Deanna.  She is talking up a storm and it is a trip interacting with her.  She is one BUSY little girl.  Unlike the other two she LOVES to be outside and plays in the dirt and just is always on the go.  If there is no TV or movie to watch she immediately makes herself busy.  She has a great imagination too.

Denise bought Devin the new Star Wars video game which is keeping him very occupied (perhaps too much).  The teachers at school have gotten together and given him a basket of presents so that each day he has a new present to open - something to look forward to.  Very sweet thought and most of the things are something that he can do sitting either on the couch, in his chair or in bed.  I have found an interest in Denise's DS and have been playing a "find the hidden object game".

Max has informed me Darci is mopping around the house and missing me.  She may be thinking that I made the same trip Kodi made and am not coming back.  I have talked to her on the phone, which seems to help.  I am sure she will be very glad to see me when we get home.

Later . . . 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I CAN WAIT TO SEE YOU :)