Saturday, January 24, 2009

Back to sewing


I am back to my embroidery since I took my machine back and they gave me a new one. I was having TONS of problems with my Creative Vision and I finally just snapped and called my dealer and said it needed to go back to Pfaff because it was basically a piece of crap. She was very good about it and took a brand new one out of the box and gave it to me. Needless to say I am sewing and happy once again. I was doing an embroidery for the holidays and OMG it was the most disastrous project. I finally managed to get it done where the front look pretty good, but the back of the design was crap. Anyway, I have been wanting to do some bags for Max's light stands and I finally found a decent camera design (as luck would have it on sale for $1). I had no idea what I was doing, but I knew what I wanted to do. I am very proud of myself for the way the bags turned out - I have some things I will change when I do the next ones. I did two sets of bags and she wants four. Duane would like to have some too - he thought the idea was awesome.

I am working on a quilt top and am dying to get back to my quilting machine. The holidays forced a long break from quilting, but I am ready to jump back in now.

We had a nice time with the kids for the belated Christmas celebration (picture on Duane's blog). They are growing up so quickly and Deanna is at a GREAT age right now.

Can't say I will keep posting, but I will give it a try. I should be doing this and posting pictures so Debby can access it from Iraq. We are having the family over for dinner tonight as it is Max's mom's 70th BD. Decided to do a little celebration. I did an embroidery for her on a shirt because she is a scrap book person.

Later . . .

No comments: