Saturday, April 11, 2009

Last Weekend

Before we are off for this weekend, I thought I better get something up connected with last weekend. Kathy, Paul, Michael, Max and I went up to Max's mom's after Michael and Max got off work on Saturday. Warren's BD was on Friday so we took "food" up for a barbecue family get together. We took them a propane tank so they could haul out their new JenAir gas grill. Paul grilled steaks and portabella mushrooms and some hamburgers for the kids. It was a beautiful day and we all spent time outside. Of course Max was running around with her camera and got some great pictures. It was a fun time had by all, but everyone missed Debby not being there. She will be coming home for R&R in about 4 weeks. Hooahhhhhhhhhh!

Max and her mother were showing off poses to hide their "excess" chin area. They were both very cute playing around while Kathy was hiding out in the background. Jesse had his friend, Angie, there so the family could get to know her a bit. The kids had fun playing with their dad and the dogs.


Max and I are off to Genoa for a couple of days now that she is done with the 12-hour days of overtime. We will do a little gambling and mainly just R&R for Max to recoup from the long hours and lack of sleep. This past couple of weeks has been directed toward refinancing the house and we completed that process yesterday. We were able to drop our house payment over $200 per month with a 4.5% rate. NICE!

I have been working on paper piecing of quilts and I finished putting together some blocks that Joy gave me. I love the quilt and I like paper piecing. I did get a call from the sewing machine shop and I will be able to get my machine back next week.


Later . . .

No comments: