Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Relaxed Weekend

The weekend went by with plans going awry, but still it was a pleasant one. We (Kathy, Paul, Michael, Max and I) had planned on going to a "swap meet" in the parking lot of a fly shop in Pleasanthill and missed the time frame on that because we wanted to go to a "swap meet" in San Leandro for the VFW. We showed up for the VFW (which was suppose to end at 4:00PM) at about 2:30 because we waited for Michael to get off work and there was really no one left there. We misunderstood the fly shop information and they closed at 4:00 also (no time to get there from San Leandro). So we decided to go to our favorite Mexican joint for lunch. There just happens to be a 31 Flavors right next door - so ice cream for dessert. That all happened on Saturday.

Sunday we went over to Kathy and Paul's with Papa John's pizza to get together with them, Michael and Jesse to watch "The Day The Earth Stood Still". It had some great affects, but I did not think if was that great of a movie.

Last night everyone was here because Max was having computer problems and Kathy was going to help her out. Paul, Mike, Jesse and I ended up playing Rock Band. We had a great time and I sang for the first time EVER. Not so bad, but I prefer the guitar or drums.

In case anyone is interested, the sod that we planted a while ago has taken and the back yard is nice and green (it is not all that smooth, but it looks good). My jasmine plants that have not been blooming for the last couple of years is flowering like crazy. It looks beautiful and smells wonderful (not sure it is so good for Max's allergies).

I finished the quilt top that I was working on. This is paper pieced squares that Joy and I made together. It turned out really nice and I really do like the whole paper piecing way of scrap quilting. I like the idea of the color blending and would like to do a red one. I am going to do a paper pieced scrap Christmas quilt before this next Christmas.

This picture is for Debby to get a look at Chloe. She has turned into such a good little thing. She has sooooooooooooo many mannerisms similar to Kodi that I really find myself drawn to her personality. Now that she has energy she does "crazy dog" just like he used to do - running around like crazy very happy.


Later . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your yard looks great.
Chloe looks happy and healthy.
Can't wait to see you.
Thanks so much for the blog.
Loved the pictures.
Thanks again
See you soon,
Love, Deb

Wanda said...

Love the yard. Isn't sod the best?! Darcy & Chloe look good - even Chloe's 'little hussy' pose (Rikki has the same one). Sounds like things are going well for you. Talk soon. Love, Wanda

Anonymous said...

cuuuute big boned girl