Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Long time

Gosh - I was shocked to see the date of the last entry. Where does the time go? I know that I was trying hard to keep up with the blog for Debby and then she was home for a couple of weeks and I let it go while she was here, but dang!

I am not even sure what has transpired since the last time I updated. I know we went to "Wally World" for a few days with Debby and had some family get together dinners, but I am at a loss. Annette and Jessie were down for a few days and we did have a good visit. I know we (Paul, Kathy, Jesse, Michael, Max and I) went shopping. We ended up spending a couple of hours at Khol's.

My sisters (Joy & Kay) and I spent a week in Salt Lake City and had a really good time. We did some shopping and ended up buying TOO MUCH fabric. I am pretty much a firm believer that you can never have too much fabric, but we all had to buy additional suit cases to get the stuff home. We stuffed like crazy but could not manage to get it all in one bag and be under the 50 pound weight limit for the airlines. We even took Joy's case to the weight room and put her and the suitcase on the scales - she was not over the limit, but there was no way she could get everything home with her. Kay knew from the gate she would need another case and thought "maybe" I could get by, but the whole stuffing thing was an ordeal.

We had scattered thunder showers the entire week we were there. It really did not slow us down much. There were a couple of times that we got caught in a real down pour, but mostly we did not need to use the umbrellas much.
We did not actually do much tourist type activity because of Kay's knees. We did get the chance to walk down to Temple Square, which was quite beautiful, and got a look at all there was to see from the outside.

While I was gone, Max made herself busy and busted out the old porch step that was left behind by our contractors when we did the addition. I was VERY pleased to have the concrete busted out, but now I have to get it to the dump. I think my gardener will take it away - for a price. Considering the back strain Max suffering, the price will be right!

I am glad to be home, but because of the things I purchased while in Salt Lake I have had to do some cleaning. I have a policy that if something new comes into my closet something old has to leave. Thank God I have not made that a policy with fabric! I do have to do some cleaning and arranging and then hopefully I can get busy doing some quilting.

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be cool to watch Max from behind while she busts this up so I could see her tattoo.

Your sisters are awesome! So how did you end up getting all the fabric home?

Love you guys...see you soon..thank you so much for the blog. Love, Deb