Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Family Weekend

We had a nice, but busy, weekend. We had a Party Lite party Saturday afternoon. Friends and family showed up and the house smelled REALLY good with all the candles and different scents.

Kathy, Paul, Michael, Maxine and I (we missed you Debby) took Ann and Warren out to dinner and gave Warren his father's day gift. Everyone pitched in and he is getting a 40 minute ride in a 1942 North American SNJ-4 "Texan" from Vintage Aircraft. Needless to say when he was given the information (the actual flight is going to take place July 18th), he was VERY surprised and also VERY happy.

Ann and Warren came over for Max's most excellent waffles on Sunday morning. We had a nice visit and then they made their way back to Volcano.

I did another quilt and tried to mix things up a bit. I had some bobbin trouble that I did not catch soon enough and have a bit that I am going to have to remove the stitches and do again, but I am pleased with my progress. I am building up the confidence to actually put my good quilt tops on the frame and get them quilted.

Our Las Vegas trip is coming up and everyone is getting excited about that (July 3rd - the 10th).

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool that Warren's going to ride IN the plane! I thought he was getting a toy or a computer thing. That's AWESOME. That was a great idea!! Wow, I hope someone will take a picture of him getting in and landing. Where is he flying out of? You guys are the best!!