Saturday, August 11, 2007

Quiet on the Home Front

We took Devin and Desirae back to their parents yesterday. It was fun to see where they were actually camping. The kids were terrific in the car for the four hour ride and very happy to be reunited with the family. We did not stay long because we were headed back over the hill to visit and spend the night with my brother Don. We did stop in Shell Beach and have dinner at Alex's BBQ. Brought back many memories of all the times I have eaten there in the past and the food was as good as I remember. We had a nice visit with Don and Sharon Friday night. We went out for a good "country" breakfast and then headed home. We popped over to highway 41 and Morro Rock and then took highway 46 across to take highway 101 home.

It is strangely quiet in the house and the kids are missed. Kodi was a bit upset when we came home without the latest addition to his pack. I think Darci was relived that there was no longer competition for our affections. I guess things will be back to normal tomorrow, but I think we will be a little sad that we don't have the little ones around. Who is going to play video games with me on "Do Nothing Sunday"?

BTW - Deanna was VERY happy with her "Bob Bob" shirt.

Later . . .

No comments: