Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Busy Times

Wow - where to start . . . I guess with the above picture of my crooked sewing machine. Geez - after getting my old one replaced because it was just not working properly, I then decided to do some quilt work instead of embroidery and found that I could not make a 1/4 inch seam because the foot was crooked on my machine. No matter how hard I tried there was no way to get a 1/4 inch seam with my 1/4 inch foot. Needless to say I was not very happy about that one. It is in the works right now that hopefully I will be able to get it fixed here instead of the need to go to Palmdale! I am keeping my fingers crossed about that. Pretty frustrated with the luck I seem to be having with my sewing machine.

We had a nice Valentine's day - we worked in the back yard most of the day and then went out to dinner. Since the addition on the house we have had a messed up lawn - the grass in front of the hot tub was almost non-existant, so this weekend we decided to do something about it. We (mainly Max, who has the blisters to show for it) scrapped off what was left of the old dying grass and laid some sod. We used some of the usable parts we removed to hopefully plug some holes where the dogs (maily Miss Chloe) had dug up the grass. Hopefully it will all take and thus elimanate the MUD that is in the back yard and the dogs so readily want to track in the house.

The search for a car for Jesse is finally over. Max and Kathy found a very cool '84 Olds Omega with only 44k original miles on it. It runs really great and looks great too. After a bit of work (new muffler, tires, brakes, oil change, head light, wipers, smog and back registration) she is ready to be given to Jesse. He had limited money to spend on a vehicle and this is good old heavy car that should be safe to drive. We are planning to take it to him this weekend. He just finished with his schooling (medical assistant) and can start actively looking for a job now that he will have transportation.

Lastly (Debby will be sooooooo proud), Max finished earthquaking everything in the house. She has been wanting to get the hutch in the dining room done for some time and it is finally accomplished. If we were to have an earthquake the top part of that hutch would surely move - might not come all the way off, but it is full of all the crystal and stuff from my mother and I would hate to have it all broken. Might break anyway, but at least the top is secured to the wall now.

Later . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!
If the doors don't open easily you saved all the stuff in the cabinet not to mention animals and humans that could've been close by. S waves don't always give you alot of time if you're sitting at the table eating when it hits. Way to keep you're sweetie safe! Once again, I'm proud of you, Baby Sister!!!!

Anonymous said...

That car looks very clean. What kind of work did the brakes need after only 45K miles?
I like that it can be worked on too. You guys did great!!!!!
I LOVE this blog thing with pictures. Feels like home.
Life is good. Can't wait to be there with you!
Thanks again!!
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you have been very busy. The back yard looks good. Sorry about your sewing machine. Rotten luck. What's wrong with going to Palmdale?

Anonymous said...

hey i love the garden it looks so nice... for the dog to dig....