Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Struggling along . . .

I am working on a new quilt project, which I must say is quite the challenge.  I am just using some scraps of fabric and can only hope it will turn out okay.  At least it will give me something to put on my quilting machine.  I started to put a "cheater" quilt on my frame to do some practice, but I was having a horrible time trying to get the thing square.  It appears the print on the material is not straight.  I may go ahead and put it on the machine just to get some practice.  I have not had anything on the frame since before Christmas and I need to get in the grove again.  At this point I can't even remember how to thread the thing.

I am having great fun with my new Macbook, but I am faced with a new operating system which is just a bit different from my iMac - I am still learning Tiger and now I am running Leopard.  I guess I need to face the fact I have too many things with which I am still smack in the middle of the learning curve.  

We had a good weekend.  Kathy, Max and I went to Volcano to work on Max's mom's components and DVR as well as hook up the Rock Band that they just got.  We accomplished the task and they were playing Rock Band by the time we left.  Max's mom made a delicious chicken and dumplings along with a wonderful chocolate cake for a late birthday celebration for me.  We watched the Super Bowl with Kathy, Paul and Michael on Sunday.

I had to have my Vue towed to the dealer yesterday as the battery was DEAD!  They checked it out and all is well except for the fact the battery just failed.  They put a new on in and I will get my car back today.

Later . . .


No comments: