Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Weekend

YUM

We received lemons from our neighbors again and made three lemon meringue pies. They turned out beautiful - we gave one to the neighbors in thanks for the lemons (will get some next year too). Kathy, Max and I went to Volcano so Kathy could work on Max's mom's computer and Max could repair a broken ceiling fan. It was a quick but fun trip. The rest of the weekend was kind of kicked back.

I purchased some curtain rods and a cookie sheet and Max glued them for me (one handed I would end with up glue everywhere - which now that I think about it I do with two hands). It is a really cool idea for a cheap tray for my quilting machine. Other than watching some movies and Tivo programs the weekend was quiet and peaceful.

Later . . .

5 comments:

Duane said...

Did you use the cookie sheet for the pies before you glued the rails to it???

Donna Rae said...

LOL - Actually did not use that one, but good call.

Denise Ellison said...

Your Lemon Meringue pie is beautiful.

Donna Rae said...

Thanks - it was also very tasty!

MilitaryMoMDis2k said...

What a neat idea for a tray for your quilting machine. Being a military spouse when my husban is delpoyed, I am always making up new uses and ways to make things work until my husband can return up to 12 months later. He comes back home and looks around the house and just shakes his head....I say well at least it worked!