Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ready for surgery

I found out today that my knee surgery is scheduled for Friday AM. I am to show up at the hospital @ 6:30. Rumor has it that the surgery will last approximately one hour and recovery will be about one hour. Since I am completely convinced that doctors and nurses lie to patients on a regular basis, I am thinking surgery will probably be around 1 1/2 hours and recovery will be around the same. If I am to show up for surgery at 6:30, I am guessing I am actually scheduled for surgery around 7:30 or 8:00. Kathy is going to keep Max company (bless her heart for getting out of bed in the cold to join the frost filled trek to the hospital). I am glad I am the first scheduled surgery for my doctor because at least I can get up and get it over with and come home and go back to bed. Since I cannot have anything to drink four hours prior to the surgery, it is better to get it over with right off the bat.

With this surgery behind me I am counting on having a successful and productive 2007!

Later . . .

No comments: