Sunday, December 31, 2006

Catching up

Wow how time flies! My surgery went well and I am feeling pretty good. The knee is still badly bruised and swollen, but I getting around well. I pushed the crutches aside after the first day and relied on a cane for several days after that. We made the car trip up to Max's mom's for Christmas day and I slept on the way up and did okay on the way back. Max and I picked up Jessie at the airport (arrived from Ireland) this last Friday and that went well. Found a wheelchair to make the trek from the parking garage to international arrivals.

Max came down with the flu the evening I came home from the hospital. She has been a real trooper taking care of me. I had a flu shot so I did not get the horrible flu that she suffered. I had a couple of days that I had to kept a plastic bucket at my side because I was not moving fast enough to make it to the bathroom. I was sick, but not anything compared to what she has gone through.

I am walking really well right now and the main problem I am having is some muscle cramping in the calve. I fell really positive about the outcome.

We are having Max's family over tonight for New Year's dinner and I am planning on starting the new year in fine form!

I know I need to post some Christmas pictures and they will be forth coming (I hope).

Later . . .

No comments: