Thursday, January 04, 2007

Time Flys

Wow - hard to believe that time has passed so rapidly. I go back to the doctor tomorrow to have my stitches taken out. I have been doing pretty well this week. Of course if I press it too hard I end up with some swelling and pain. I am walking well and getting around well. I am hoping she will tell me that I can drive, but I must admit I have difficulty getting in the front seat of the Xterra. I have been riding in the back seat most of the time because it is easier to get into and then I can sit with my leg up and rest my knee.

Max came home from work with the permit for the addition on the house. Yikes! It tends to be kind of a scarey thing and at the same time very exciting. We had many contractors come out to the house and give us bids and we finally picked the one we wanted to do the job. They are not the cheapest, but they just felt right. We are both pretty confident that we have picked the right team. They are Diamond Certified, listed with the Better Business Bureau with no complaints and were just voted the best general contractor in the Tri-Valley through our local newspaper. They are starting on Monday and it will probably take 2 1/2 to 3 months to get the job completed. It will be so worth it when it is completed, but it is going to be a thing with the dogs and having people tearing up the back yard. I don't know at this point what the situation with the fence and gate will be, but I have to have a way to contain the dogs (luckily I should be able to take the dogs out on a leash for potty breaks and they will be pretty much confined to the house).

The Bob's are slowly dying and it is kind of sad to see them go. They don't live that long and there is no Queen, so they will eventually all die and we will have to start over. They really have been a kick to watch run about their farm. They do some incredible work.

Jessie and I managed to get in a little shopping this afternoon. She is a very good driver and she drove us up to the shopping center to check out the Dollar Store and a couple of Thrift Stores. We found some great bargains and were happy with our purchases. I ended up with a new ensemble for the guest bathroom (shower curtain, trash can, square kleenex box, tooth brush holder and glass). The stuff came from Penney's and the kleneex box had a price of $30 on it. I got the whole lot for $7.50 It is nice to have a change. and not have to pay a fortune to get it.

We are planning a weekend trip to the Bodega Bay area this weekend. We are planning on doing some shopping and going to my doctor's appointment and then making the drive. We will be staying in Sebastopol and then just driving around seeing the sights. Jessie has been many places in the California area, but she has not been up there. We don't have a lot of plans for travels while she is here so thought that might be fun.

I am very much hoping that the doctor will release me to drive tomorrow, but if she doesn't I am okay with that.

Later . . .

1 comment:

Duane said...

Sounds VERY exciting about the addition. I know it will be a pain - but I am sure it is going to be awesome once it is finished!