Monday, January 08, 2007

Let the chaos begin . . .


Yikes! It all started at 0800 hours this AM. It actually is amazing to see how much work can be accomplished when many workers are put together to do the job. They progressively made short work of removing the bricks from the patio (we need to save them to finish the patio when the addition is completed). Breaking out all the cement from the walkway and the hot tub pad was back breaking work and I certainly am glad I was watching and not participating in the labor.

Both the dogs are pretty much freaked about the whole situation, but Kodi is by far the worse. He HATES noise and you can image the amount of noise that was being made (and will continue to be made). He mopped around the house like he had lost his last squeaky toy and was over all just not a happy boy. Darci just wants to go outside and chase away the strange people in her yard (and the noise makes her jump a mile and all the hair stands up on her neck, back and butt)! We had to put up a make-shift fence to keep the dogs away from the construction work. This is NOT going to be easy on any of us!

I am trying to keep a running tab with photos of the progress. I was standing out looking at the spot that will be the addition and it just does not look that big. I know it will be great when it is done, but getting there is going to be a bit of challenge. I think I am actually amazed at the progress that was made in the first day, which makes me think it truly will be completed before we know it.

Later . . .







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is Wow.