Thursday, January 25, 2007

OMG it is becoming real . . .










OMG! Our addition is actually beginning to look like what it is suppose to look like. I am amazed at the difference when the walls are up. The sliding glass door is in the addition and the frame is in for the window in what will be my sewing room. It is sooooooo cool to see what the actual hallway will look like.









We have to do some measuring to decide where we want our bedroom furniture to go. The contractor will put the wiring for the surround sound in the wall and wants to bring it out where the receiver will be; which is what we have to decide. He measured the bed and nightstands and is putting the outlets behind the nightstands along with the phone outlet. Because of the headboard and footboard for our king size bed, we are a little pressed for room to walk, but it is much better than the previous room. We have some clear lines now, but I just am not sure how to arrange the dressers and the armoire. We have some limitations due to the free standing stove, but I am sure we will figure it out.

We are making some changes as we go and I had to spend over an hour with the contractor and the electrician today figuring out where to put lights and light switches. He kept trying to talk me into some strange-ass things, but I held my ground and explained I am a simple girl – keep it simple and keep with the flow of the house. I want the addition to blend with the rest of the house and I not only do not need, but do not want to spend the money for elaborate crap!

Whew – what an adventure this is turning out to be!

Later . . .

No comments: