Monday, January 08, 2007

Weekend Adventure

After my doctor's appointment (which went very well and I am allowed to drive) we headed off to the Bodega Bay area. We spent the night in Sebastopol and then made the rounds to Bodega, Bodega Bay, Jenner, Duncan Mills and Guerneville. We had really beautiful weather and had a good time just strolling threw the villages and the shops. It was a bit windy, but overall it was really a nice Saturday.

This is a picture of "the camera that was" and me teaching Jessie how to use it. Max gave her camera to Jessie so she could take the shots she wanted (Jess forgot to bring her camera). Unfortunately, I was sitting in the back of the Xterra behind the driver's seat so I could keep my knee elevated and Jessie got in the front and closed the door before closing my door. Being the princess I am, I mentioned, "Ahhhh who is going to close my door"? Jessie jumped out to close my door and we were off down the road; unfortunately, the camera stayed behind in the gutter where it fell out when she opened the door. We did go back to look for it, but it was long gone. Someone has a really nice new camera and some Karma to deal with.

Bodega is where the movie "The Birds" was shot and this church is the location of the shoot. The town is very tiny and has a population of about 70. The people were very friendly and they had some nice shops (co-op artist shop had some really amazing work). Thankfully we were taking pictures with both cameras and had similar shots on both.

We came home Saturday night so we could have Sunday to do some thing in the back yard to get ready for the construction to begin on Monday.

Later . . .





2 comments:

Duane said...

Wow - that really sucks about the camera... Hopefully it broke when it hit the ground...

Anonymous said...

the kids love this picture of nanny by the sea they said they want to go there, just keep the birds away from me.....