Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Moving into the new sewing room















Have started to move into my new sewing room and finally moved my sewing machine and computer in. I was waiting for the window replacement, but they showed up today with the WRONG window. It will take another week to order the correct one and I told the guy I am going to go ahead with putting my desk, sewing machine and computer under the window and when they come out to replace it we will move the desk away from the window. I cannot believe how BIG the room is and how much extra space I have. Of course with all the shelves and cabinets I have abundant space for storage. I have not moved my material out of the closet in the other room and right now I plan to just leave it there. We are going to hang some additional wall cabinets and purchase a counter top to sit on the two short cabinets to give me a cool working space. I know that I will probably be changing and changing until I get things right, but I am loving it. I need to get a new chair and perhaps eventually get a different sewing table. I like the table I have, but it could use a bit more surface space to handle sewing and the computer. Pictures do not do it justice, but at least this gives everyone an idea of what I have and what we have done. I still have all my thread holders to hang on the wall to add that much needed color and find a place for my bulletin board.

1 comment:

Duane said...

That is really awesome! Congratulations on the new room - can't wait to see it!