Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday

Well today turned into a bit of a surprise for us. As we were lounging around watching TV in our room, we received a phone call from the desk asking when we were planning on checking out. Max’s response was TOMORROW! Unfortunately, we were only booked for six days instead of the seven I thought we had. We were planning on a lazy day and watching the free movie we won playing bingo. We gathered our stuff, showered and got ourselves out of the digs. Not to be discouraged, we went to lunch at the Old Port Inn (delicious fish/shrimp and chips) and then headed out for a leisurely drive up highway one. It was a really nice drive and we ended up in Monterey to spend the night. We went to the beach and took some pictures and are now settled into our room WITH free WiFi! Actually it has turned into a nice change of pace and we will head home tomorrow.

Pictures will have to wait.

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey GF, I caught up on your life. That YUMMY place with the animals was probably the Avila Barn which is one of my favorite places and right across the street from the RV park I'm a member at. I am due for my free week so will probably plan a trip down there myself in the near future.

glad to see there are lots of good things going on in your life.

Wanda