Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wow - how do I let time slip by? We had a great vacation and traveled home all the way on Highway 1. We stopped in Santa Cruz for some of the best Indian food I have had in a very long time. We were very pleased that driving the coast we ended up with 29 MPG on the Vue. Considering the ups and downs and twists and turns, that is really good mileage.
I was very excited on Monday for the arrival of my new sewing table - which did not happen. I called the people at 4:50 to ask were they still going to show up and they were clueless. As it stands right now, no one knows where the heck my table is. I talked to the people in Oregon that I bought it from and they are going to just ship another one - which I will not get for at least 7 days. The table that I was sewing on is gone because we were making way for the new one. I really am disappointed, but I guess I will just have to make do with the dining table or a card table.
I finally found an embroidery I was looking for and did a quick one on my shirt at a spot that was frayed. I am thinking I should make a nice white shirt and place several of these things on the back. Might have to add some red for effect!

After a trip to the vet and $260, Darci is feeling somewhat better. I swear I had the same conversation with my Ortho doctor just before I had my arthroscopic surgery on my knee. She seems to have torn a ligament in her knee. After the x-rays it was nice to know that her hips are not as bad as we thought they were. Hopefully the pain/anti-inflammatory mediation will do the trick and she will be all better. Sure would be nice if we had dog insurance to cover all the medication and such for both the dogs. I actually was happy that the bill was under $500!

Later . . .

No comments: