Monday, October 01, 2007

Go figure it is October 1st already. This last weekend Max and I did little tasks around the house and then went to see the new Jodie Foster movie "The Brave One". Pretty intense movie, but I really liked it and it was nice to actually go to the movie and have popcorn. She really is an incredibly good actor. Spent Sunday catching up on TV shows (life is back to normal now that the new season has started). We are trying out some new programs and have not decided what we will keep watching and what we will let go of. My brother Don came down Sunday with some friends of his to play golf at Poppy Ridge and he has been spending the night with us - not getting much visiting in, but we did just see him when we were at Avila Beach.

I had an appointment with the audiologist tonight and ordered some new hearing aids. I am not really enthused about wearing them, but I will at least give it a try. These are the new "state of the art" digital hearing aids (Resound Metrix). The really nice part of this is I can try them out for 60 days and if I don't like them I can give them back and try something else and if I don't like those I can just give them back and get a complete refund. The insurance will pay $1k toward each aid so that brings the cost of $5k down to $3 - still pricey, but if they work the way they are suppose to it might be worth it.

Still no table! A new one was shipped and I can only hope to receive it the first of next week. I did receive a "sorry for the inconvenience" gift of an Incredible Threadable Box of rayon thread - which is VERY cool.

Max received 1 of 4 photography books she just ordered from Amazon. "The Digital Photography Book" by Scott Kelby. Makes her happy to have something else to read about taking pictures. She really is having fun with her new hobby and has taken some really nice photos. The book must be good because she is laughing in the background - always a good sign.

I made a label for my denim jean quilt and plan to sew that on tomorrow. No picture at this time.

Later . . .

2 comments:

Duane said...

So what in the world is the deal with that darn table??? What a drag!

Sounds like Max has some pretty good books coming - that Scott Kelby book is really pretty good!

Good luck with the hearing aids - I may have to look into that myself in the not-to-distant-future!

Anonymous said...

Apparently Jodie Foster was pictured recently wearing a hearing aid, so they should not be a problem to you!