Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I finished my quilt top this morning - now the really hard part starts! The border went really well with the wild and craziness of the quilt. I think it is a "happy" looking quilt - makes me smile. I really love the quilt making process and I love quilts, but the actual batting, backing, quilting and binding process is still VERY overwhelming for me. I do have a friend who has a long arm machine and said she would be happy to do the quilting for me. I do want to learn to machine quilt, but I think I will start on something a bit smaller. I think I am going to make a couple of baby quilts to use for covers on the dog's beds and I will do the quilting on them. It is easier to take a towel or blanket off the dog beds and throw it in the washing machine than it is to try to take the covers off and wash them and get them back on.

I think I am going to work on some embroidery before I move on to my next quilt. I still have SO much about my software that I do not know how to use.

Later . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you are so busy and getting alot accomplished. I am glad you are having a good time.

Donna Rae said...

Much easier when my "kids" are DOGS!