Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Catching up . . .

I wish I could write about being fabulously busy and all the things I have accomplished since the last post, but somehow I don't think that is going to work. Thinking back, I have managed to do some things. I have the binding machine stitched on my quilt (waiting for me to complete the hand sewing). I have the backs for the dog quilts completed, so all I need to do is cut the batting and I can load them on my frame. I took an all day machine quilting class this last Sunday, which probably would have been a really good class IF I would have gotten any sleep Friday or Saturday night. It was a fun class, but I was just tooooooo tired to really enjoy it. The one thing I found interesting is that all the expensive thread that they wanted us to buy did not work worth crap in my machine. I ended up using some Coats and Clark cotton thread I had with me for both the top and the bobbin. I will stick with what I know works with my machine in the futrue. I had to make a bunch of "sandwiches" for practice and also an Ohio Square. So that did take up some of my time. We managed to get our hands on a Wii and we have been playing with that and having a great time. Michael (who works at Wal-Mart) has been watching to see if they get any extras in the store. He cannot purchase one unless they have extras left after they first come in. His store got an over shipment and he was able to grab one for us. We also bought a Zelda game which I had gotten into at the grandkids house. We played all the sports things and really enjoyed them all, but especially the boxing. What fun and what a workout!

Anyway, we are going into the City for Valentine's day for dinner and Paula Poundstone. Kathy, Paul, Debby, Tomey, Max and I. Then Duane and family are coming down for the weekend and we are really looking forward to that. We will celebrate Devin's birthday late and Desirae's birthday early.

So actually I guess I have been rather busy.

Later . . .

No comments: