Saturday, February 02, 2008

OMG - I Did It!

I am AMAZED that I actually was able to finish this quilt considering all the trouble I had while doing it. I have continued to struggle with the ratchets on the bars. I had to take off the entire thing and put it back on. I ended up with stretched batting (which I managed to successfully hide). What can I say except LEARNING EXPERIENCE! In the large picture it is difficult to actually see the quilting, but I actually am pleased with the stippling I did (far from perfect, but not bad for a newbie). For the size of the quilt, I can not even imagine doing the stippling on my regular machine - if I thought I had problems with this on my quilting frame, I would have been tearing my hair out and giving up quilting forever. I am actually kind of excited to do the dog quilts now. I have to find something to bind this quilt with and figure out how to square it up. I may have to find someone who can help me with that, because it seems I have a REALLY difficult time squaring a large piece of fabric. Anyway it feels good to have accomplished the making of a usable quilt.

Later . . .

1 comment:

Duane said...

Wow that is pretty amazing! I am glad you are working the kinks out of your new machine!