Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Finished Bags

Joy is a much faster sewer than I am (that would be because she has made MANY of the bags that she was teaching me how to make) so she finished both bags when she got home and emailed me the following pictures. She wanted to have the bags done to take to her sewing group on Thursday. I knew the they would both turn out great and they certainly did.I have not done any more sewing on the dog quilts, but I did try to make the labels and ended up with a design that just did not work. I hate that when it happens, but I usually do not want to do an entire design just to check to see if it will work. If I was putting something on an expensive article of clothing or something like that I would do a test, but when I am working on material I don't see the point. So I guess I did a test design that sucked and I am back to the drawing board. I have all the squares sewn together in rows and just need to attach them. I hope to get the borders and binding cut out tomorrow and hopefully by next week I can have them on the quilting frame.

It is HOT HOT HOT here and is going to be hotter tomorrow. Good day to stay in the house in my sewing room and work on quilts or embroidery.

Later . . .

No comments: