Saturday, July 05, 2008

Catching up . . .

First piece of good news - Darci did not dig in the yard while she was left home alone. I think maybe she has grown up and does not have all that excess energy that she used to have. She has taken to going around the house and sleeping in the spot that Kodi used to sleep in all the time. I guess she is trying to take over for him - she is still a bit on the skiddish side, but is improving.

Joy did come back with me and she was teaching me how to make tote bags. When we were at the sewing machine shop we saw embroidery on pet mesh and decided we needed to give that a try. We started one at her house and brought it with us, but she did not cut enough material so she had to take it back with her to finish. It was on the black pet mesh and the embroidery was white dragon flies - it was really pretty, but I forgot to take a picture of it. I made the above bag (with her direction) and it turned out really pretty. I wrote down the instructions as I went and then made another bag "all by myself". The below bag is made with material instead of the pet mesh. I like the pet mesh, but I am not sure I want to buy the mesh - it only comes it rolls and I don't know that I would use it all - unless I try to sell some, but there is a lot of time that goes into doing the embroidery and sewing the bag. I really love the one below (pretty girlie bag).

Then we were cruising through some of my designs and she found a design that she wanted on a bag for herself. We prepared the material and I did the embroidery, but there was just not enough time to complete the bag. She had to take it home and will finish it there. Both the above bags have the same design on both sides, but the one I did for Joy (below) will only be on one side cause I just did not have the time to get it on both sides before she had to leave. She went home on Amtrak Friday morning.

We had a good time sewing, but the trip to her house was short and her stay here was kind of short.

Max and I went to Debby's for an early afternoon 4th celebration , but were home early and just hung out around the house. I managed to get some little chores accomplished and we "heard" the fireworks, but we did not see anything.

We are off to Stockton to a birthday party for Jesse's son this afternoon and hopefully we will spend a relaxed quiet day around the house tomorrow. Seems like we have been really busy and pressed for time the last couple of weeks.

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bags look beautiful (even the girlie one)