Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I guess I am staying BUSY!

I can't believe it has been weeks since I posted. No need to ask me what I have been doing cause I really have no idea why I have not been on my computer. I did manage to embroider a shirt for Denise that she has been wanting (spinning wheel on the back and knitting basket over the pocket on the front). I am slowly trying to get the dog quilts done, but I have been having issues. One would think that all Pfaff machines would load the bobbin the same way and insert the needles the same. IF that were the case I might not have had such a hassle with thread breakage - check the manual, Donna! Max and I did the Reno trip for a few days and had a really good time. We gambled most of the time and I actually came back with more money than I started with (not much, but that is so cool in my book). Max had a great birthday and we hit some really good cards and had a really nice birthday dinner (the buffets are amazing). We came home to greet Denise and the kids. She brought them down for their week stay and was here when we got home. Having three kids in the house is definitely not something I am used to. I can't believe these little people eat breakfast, lunch and dinner - not to mention snacks and dessert! We are having a good time spending most of the time in the back yard in the blow up pool we have for them. We also bought a slip and slide, but it requires more energy than I can muster to help Devin be able to use it. We played on it for an hour or so and have not set it back up since (believe me it is hell getting old and having arthritis). Having them around is a real treat. We miss not seeing them often. I have taken some pictures, but not as many as I would like and Max has not gotten her camera out. With Max working all day we both seem to be ready for bed when the kids are. We will be taking them home this weekend. Kathy, Paul, Michael and Debby are coming over for dinner tomorrow night.

Later . . .

No comments: