Friday, August 08, 2008

Last Day

I cannot believe that the week has gone by so quickly. We went to the movie this afternoon (WALLE) and Max and the kids are now making ice cream cone cup cakes (which are yummy). The movie was not what I expected, but the kids seem to like it and that is what counts. We have not been to a movie since they were here the last time and it is hard to believe that for a matinee it costs $6.50 per person. Popcorn, candy and drinks is something I don't even want to discuss! Now I know why we stay home and watch DVD's.

I will say I accomplished a BUNCH of yard work that I have been wanting to do. Deanna is the greatest little helper and I do mean that she helps. The kids have been in the pool everyday and that has given me the opportunity to work in the yard. We have had some great weather - around 80 - 85. Hot enough to be outside and in the pool, but not so hot I don't want to be doing yard work. The one thing I did not get done was mowing the lawns (I guess our gardener quit as he just stopped showing up).

It will be silent and a bit sad around the house next week, but at least I should be able to get my dog quilts done and be able to take them with me on our trip to Arnold. I should have them completed except for the hand sewing of the binding. I am looking forward to the trip and Max is dying to go fishing. We have not been fishing at all this year. She might be able to do some stream fly fishing with Paul and we are taking our float tubes for the lakes.

Later . . .

No comments: