Friday, September 05, 2008

Celebrating 21 Years of Sobriety and Working on the Kitchen

First off it amazes me that I have gone 21 years without a drink and 19 years without a smoke. Life is good and it is a direct result of taking that first big step. Max bought me a Garmin Nuvi 770 (which I have been wanting for the longest time). It is totally cool and will come in handy for many things (especially finding my way home when the traffic comes to a stand still). It also gives you the freedom to explore without the fear of being hopelessly lost.

Our latest project is changing the lighting in the kitchen. We used to have the dropped ceiling with fluorescent lighting and we are opening up the space and putting in a ceiling fan. The kitchen is always really hot and opening up the ceiling will give the appearance of more space. Once the sheet rock is up, tapped, mudded, textured, painted and ceiling fan hung, we will then finish it off with molding around the bottom and top. I think it is going to look really nice and I know that it will help keep the kitchen cooler. The above picture is Kathy and Max patching the ceiling where Max had to extend the wiring to accommodate the new ceiling fan (Max did not hit Kathy with the hammer - she was just goofing around - per usual).

Nothing much new on our front - Hot/Hot/Hot weather.

Later . . .

No comments: