Friday, September 19, 2008

Keeping Busy

I certainly have been keeping busy doing embroidery. Above are the latest sets of four coasters that I have done. I have them all sewn together and just need to make a trip to the laundromat to get they frayed. I have done some in my own washing machine and it is just such a hassle to clean up the mess. I need to wash my frayed bedspread and I will just do them all at once. I cannot even get the bedspread in my washing machine. I did list the other patriotic red white and blue coaster on Etsy. I now have a "shop" so check it out. I plan to put some more coasters up for sale. I will probably put up some of the left over scarves that I did last year. I really don't like the idea of doing stuff for sale because it then adds the pressure factor and I really like doing things for pleasure. I like to do them for myself and friends and family. So the whole selling thing will probably be very short lived. It would be nice to get a little money to replace materials, but I actually have plenty of material to last for a long while (the thread does go quickly when doing a lot of embroidery).

Max and Kathy went up to her mom's for a couple days of doing chores. Max is doing some plumbing work and Kathy is assisting. I decided to stay at home cause I was not feeling all that well. I worked in my sewing room a bit and just kind of relaxed.

Later . . .

No comments: