Saturday, September 13, 2008

That time of year again . . . Hatch Chilies

It is that time of year again for New Mexico's great Hatch Chilies. We ordered 50 pounds and Kathy and Paul ordered 25 pounds and we had a chili roast over at Debby's (she is not home but she is the only one with a Weber - the gas grills just take too long to get hot enough to do a good job). Of course I forgot my camera, hence the picture of the chilies bagged and in the freezer. We ordered from a different company this year and have not eaten any chilies yet, but they did come from the same place.

The plans for this weekend are to keep working on the kitchen and hopefully make some progress. It is coming along great and I think will look really nice when it is completed. We picked out a really cool ceiling fan, but have not picked out the molding yet.

I have been working on Holiday themed coasters on my embroidery machine. I just was a bit tired of quilting and wanted to do some embroidery. I have the top for Chloe's quilt done and I just have to square it and then cut the border and binding. I want to get it done so I can get it quilted and on her bed. The dogs are getting along really well and playing and keeping each other company. Darci finally has someone who will actually sleep nest to her and their bodies can actually touch (Kodi was NOT a snuggle guy except with me).

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every time I see more embroidery from you I start wanting a machine that does it. It looks like so much fun. Are you planning on chili rellenos soon?