Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More Embroidery

I have been working on Halloween bags for the grand kids and the above are the finished embroidery patterns. They were long and tedious designs, but I think they turned out really cute. I have finished Devin's bag and I really like it. Devin's bag has different material than the girls and I really like the way it blends. His lettering is green, which also goes really well with the material. I think I might have bought the wrong "pet mesh" because I am having a really terrible time with it unraveling. The stuff I used before was what my sister, Joy, gave me and it did not unravel like this stuff is doing. It makes it hard to work with because the more you more it around (and there is a lot of that) the more it unravels and the more I have to keep trimming off. Maybe there are different brands or I just happened to purchase one that was not coated well.

Once I get the bags completed, I will finish Chloe's dog quilt. Considering I want the kids to have the bags for Halloween and we are planning a visit the first part of October, getting the bags completed was kind of time sensitive. I still need to make a trip to the laundromat to deal with the coasters I made - simply too many projects and not enough time.

Later . . .


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bags are very adorable. You do such good work. And it does seem like there are always 50 different kinds of everything.