Monday, July 23, 2007

Playing Catch Up Again

I really hate playing catch up, but here I am again - way behind! We went to Laughlin for a week and had a really nice time. Did not come back with a bunch on money, but we did some serious gambling and had a really fun time doing it. Of course, the weather had to be miserable - cooled down to 102 in the evenings. We made the stop by Duane's and they were having some serious heat too. If any one has checked Duane's blog his a/c went out on the Friday we were heading to their place for the weekend. We took Devin and Desirae with us to a motel in Mojave while Duane and Denise stayed in the trailer with Deanna - that was after they purchased the generators to run the air. We wnet ahead and left for Laughlin a day early due to the circumstances with the a/c. On the way back their a/c was repaired so we stayed in the trailer with Devin and Desirae - with the air running. Duane and Denise are bringing the kids (Devin and Desirae) to us this coming weekend and we will have them for two weeks. We always look forward to having them here and it gives Duane and Denise a little reprise.

Hopefully I will be better with my camera while the kids are here and be able to do some postings with pictures. We have a pool for the kids and they aways love playing in the back yard - so there should be some picture moments.

I have been snipping like a mad woman and I am hoping to have my quilt finished today or tomorrow. I will get Max to help me shake it and then I will take it to the laundry and see what it is going to look like once it is all frayed. I will keep my fingers tightly crossed that I did not cut any of the seams. It actually is looking pretty cool, but I will be glad when it is done. It has taken a lot more time than I had anticipated and I am anxious to start a new projecct. I will probably be doing embroidery for the kids while they are here - I have shirts that are promised to them that I have not completed. It is always easier when they are here and can pick what they want.

Later . . .

No comments: