Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Another Year Older . . .

This is EXACTLY what I wanted for my birthday! I have been wanting a small shop vac that I can use in my sewing room to keep up with the threads, lint and DOG hair. This is a sweet little Craftsman that has a 10 foot cord and plenty of power.
My plan for the day was to do some quilting and Max was helping me to adjust the laser on my machine. I wanted to do some more practice and loaded one of my "cheater" quilts. Things were looking good and I was progressing nicely until I made the mistake of NOT checking the under side after I got started. I checked in the beginning to make sure my bobbin thread was sewing correctly, but when I advanced my quilt I somehow maganged to get a wrinkle on the back. Because Max is the sweet person that she is, she helped me in ripping out the stitches. We did not get it completed and I decided to give it a rest and go in the house and make myself a banana cream pie with meringue topping (that is my favorite dessert my Mother used to make me and I decided that I wanted to do one myself). Max is fixing steaks for dinner, so we have not had any pie as yet, but it certainly looks beautiful!I will let you all know how it turned out, but how could something like that not be good - pie crust, bananas, pudding and meringue!

Later . . .

No comments: