Thursday, January 03, 2008

So the machine is up and running and it is truly amazing. I have a practice piece in and did my first stitches. In the beginning it was harder than it is now and I am sure it will get easier the more I practice. I think by the time I finish the practice piece I will be ready to do the dog quilts - or I might try one more practice piece. I am having some difficulty judging the distance of stopping and starting. I am thinking I may have to do some measuring to make sure that I roll enough and not too much when I advance the materials. My laser is broken so I cannot practice with the pantograph's which give start and stop places. They will be sending me a new laser, but I don't know when it will arrive. Nonetheless, I am extremely happy with the machine and the frame as well as the stitch regulator. I am hoping to connect with Lynn and she is suppose to be starting a new quilt and I would like to watch her (she said it would be okay).

We are looking forward to a slow, lazy, rainy long weekend (Max is off work tomorrow). The storm does not seem to be appearing, but it may show up later tonight or tomorrow.

Later . . .

2 comments:

lauras life said...

Your dogs are ruined...Makin quilts for them..Happy new year to you and Max also.....Did you see my pics on bebo???My tat hurt a little bit but it wasnt so bad..

Donna Rae said...

Yeah - I signed up so I could see your page. The tat is really nice and I bet it did hurt "a little". I was going to leave a comment, but you have to acknowledge me as a "friend".