Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lost track of time - again . . .

Last weekend we went to San Jose to watch Michael play floor hockey for Special Olympics. They only won 1 out of 4 so they did not place. They had some REALLY aggressive teams, but it was fun to watch and they had a good time. He starts practicing for basketball now and that will be the next games. Our neighbors gave us some lemons from their yard - so Max and I made lemon meringue pies. They turned out really well and we gave on to the neighbors to insure that they will continue to share their lemons with us. They also gave us some tangerines, but we just ate those.

I am still busy trying to master the quilting thing and it is coming along nicely. Lots of confusing little bits and pieces to figure out, but nonetheless I am having fun. I did get to use the cutting table portion of my new sewing table and let me tell you that is VERY nice. I also used my regular cutting table and it made cutting a long piece of material very much easier (not easy for me - I hate working with long lengths of material). I believe I am going to go ahead and give one of my "cheater" quilts a try and see how that turns out. However, I am going to make leaders for my take-up bars because I was having a problem with my backing slipping out of the grove and not staying taunt. I can see that this is a work in progress (learning). I have decided that I am going to sign up for a machine quilting class and a beginners quilting class at our local quilt shop. I could use the information for the machine quilting and I am hoping to pick up some needed tips and shortcuts for quilting.

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The quilting classes sound great and those pies look fabulous. Very pretty. I am really glad you are having a good time using your new toy.