Sunday, December 06, 2009

Bandage Off

It was not near as bad as I was expecting. Kathy came over this AM to play Dr. Ahre and help take the bandages off and proceed to clean the "holes". I was expecting more trauma than actually occurred. The tape pulled somewhat and was not pleasant getting off, but the cleaning of the "holes" with the hydrogen peroxide was practically painless. Getting the Aquaphor to stay in the "holes" is going to prove a challenge. It fills in good, but as my body heats it tends to slip out. I am not sure what the answer to that is. I can put bandages on the "holes", but the Aquaphor still seems to seep out. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday so I will be able to ask the doctor about what I am suppose to be doing. I can breathe a bit better, but I am still a bit stuffed up and that is likely to continue for a while cause blowing my nose is not going to be an option.

Looks like we are a go to work on Kathy's quilt tomorrow. I got the other quilt off the frame and hopefully will be able to get Kathy's on the frame tomorrow or Tuesday for sure.

Later . . .

No comments: