Thursday, April 06, 2006

Almost the end of the week . . .

Wow – where did the week go? I know I have been busy, but I am not sure what I have been doing. I guess I could mention I finished the video game I was playing (ya think that is where my time was spent)? We did have Kathy, Paul and Debby over for dinner on Wednesday night. Max put a couple of tri-tips on the barbeque and I baked some potatoes and after dinner we watched a NOVA special on “String Theory”. It was a three part series, which we finished tonight at Kathy and Paul’s after a lasagna dinner. It was quite an interesting series, but a bit over my head with all the quantum mechanics and scientific talk.

I pulled out my Irish scone mix that I brought back from Ireland with me and made a couple batches of scones. Whoa, I must say I did a good job (had to add milk and raisins and bake) and they tasted terrific! Now that I have accomplished the scones I am going to have to give the brown bread mix a try. Making something from scratch or making something from a mix – okay, I will choose the mix (how very simple it turned out to be once I found a measuring cup with milliliters).

I did mess around with my sewing machine and found an interesting embroidery pattern of a “sunburst”. I put one on the back of one of my “practice” shirts and it turned out really nice. I am thinking about putting a pattern of them on the back of a denim jacket that I have. I will practice a bit more with colors and sizes, but that was a fun project.

I finally caught up on my letter writing. I had many thank you letters to send to people in Ireland. I also made some disks with the pictures I took while I was over there. I made some prints for some people and added them to the letters I wrote. I also had a nice long phone conversation with my sister Kay who lives in Nebraska as well as my sister Joy who lives in Ventura. So I guess this week has been somewhat busy.

Max is doing homework, the dogs are sleeping, fireplace is keeping us cozy and I am thinking about starting a new video game. (Keeps me busy and off the streets)! Oh yeah, Max has been riding her bike every afternoon when she comes home from work. I have been riding with her when my knee will allow and today was one of the days that I did not make it (I continued to sew while she rode).

Not sure what the plans for the weekend are, but we would like to go pick up some straw and get the newspaper and straw layed in the garden. I am thinking there will be a bike ride taking place sometime this weekend if I can get some ibupropen in me and feel up to the challenge. I need to do what I can and take ibupropen while I can because the week before my surgery I cannot take any anti-inflamatory medication (tylenol is accepted, but it just does not work the same).

Later . . .

No comments: