Saturday, April 22, 2006

Two Weeks!

I cannot believe that it has been two weeks since I have posted. Let me try and think what I have been doing . . .

The dogs are both well - thank goodness there was nothing wrong with Darci that a diet won't cure and Kodi's foot is all better (since I made him wear a sock for a couple of days to stop licking and picking). I think I was able to pull a sticker out and that was the problem.

We did manage to get some vegetables and flowers planted and I managed to mow the lawn. The result of the mowed lawn was Kodi sported green feet and a bottom from running and playing on the wet grass. He always looks so funny when every white spot on him turns green.

I occupied my time the first week with cleaning out kitchen cupboards and sorting through things that needed to be thrown out.

I spent the day Thursday in Manteca with Max's mother (Ann) while Warren (Max's step-father) had a pace maker implanted. Then on Friday Kathy, Paul, Max and I headed out for David Walley's Resort and Spa in Genoa, Nevada (we lovingly call the place Wally World).

We had a really great time spending the week there. Not only did Max do homework on a VERY slow dial up connection, we went to the local Starbucks to access the internet because something she needed for school was timing out before it could load due to the slowness of the connection, we accomplished a VERY difficult fish puzzle, I conquered four star Sudoku puzzles, Kathy read a Dean Koontz book, we did Thrift Store shopping, checked out the BLM land office for places to off road, Paul checked out bicycle shops researching for a new bike purchase, checked out the local "oldest bar in the state", visited the local "general store" for soup and ice cream, had some great food at the local eateries, had good food at the condo (filets with blue cheese to die for), sat in the hot tub in the snow and still found plenty of time to gamble. If you can imagine Kathy played the penny slots machines for FOUR hours on ONE DOLLAR! Unfortunately, I did not manage to conquer the Craps Tables (would have loved to repeat the $1000 win from a previous visit), but we did have many hours of fun there and the Three Card Poker and Black Jack tables!

We had to come down to Sacramento for a day because Warren had surgery to replace an artery in his leg on Tuesday. We came down to stay with Ann until he came out of surgery. Max did homework, Kathy taught Ann how to do Sudoku puzzles, I did Sudoku puzzles and Paul read bicycle magazines. It certainly made the time pass quickly. Warren came out of the surgery doing very well and his recovery looks very promising. We stopped by the hospital to see him on the way home Friday and he was being released to go home.

Duane came down for the weekend today (he will be here for my surgery, staying until Wednesday) and we went to look at light weight travel trailers http://www.trailmanor.com/. We were very impressed with how they looked and how easily they set up and came down. (Check Duane's blog for pictures).

Hopefully I will do better with posting and not let so much time lapse between posts.

Later . . .

1 comment:

Donna Rae said...

Thanks! Today is the day:)