Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Blue Bike Monday

After paying bills and working out finances on Sunday, I realized we had way too much money in our checking account. After some panic trying to figure out WHAT I forgot to pay, I realized I had forgotten (if you can imagine forgetting) our TAX REFUND! Since the refund came from Max's income, it seemed only fitting that she should be able to buy the bicycle that she has been wanting. So after a trip to the local bike shop, numerous test rides on different bikes amd excellent information from the sale person (lady). Max is the very PROUD owner of blue & silver hybrid Multitrack Trek! It is a fantastic bike and very comfortable to ride. She wants to start riding her bike back and forth to work and this will be a very good one for that purpose. I am envious, but since I cannot really do much riding until I get my knee fixed, I will wait until I CAN actually ride to think about getting a new bike.

Prior to Max getting off work and going bike shopping, I decided I needed to take the cover off my sewing machine and do some sewing. I have had a couple of blankets I have been wanting to make and decided Monday was the day to get started. For not really knowing what I was doing besides sewing two pieces of material together (cotton material top and fleece bottom), I managed to get one finished (with several phones call to my sister Joy for guidance and encouragement). I think it turned out nice and it is very warm (Denise this should look familiar). I am going to try to make the other one, but I think I am going to lay it out on the kitchen floor to cut the pieces. My cutting table is just not big enough and every other floor in the house has carpet. This type of sewing is at least giving me a bit of confidence and I am looking forward to the day when I feel ready to tackle an actual quilt!

Later . . .



No comments: