Monday, April 10, 2006

Busy Weekend

The weekend just seemed to speed by. On both Saturday and Sunday we went to Pleasanton to watch Michael participate in the Northern California Special Olympics. His basketball team did really well and came away with a Silver Medal. The team that took the gold was an extremely aggressive team and basically intimidated all the other teams. By Sunday afternoon you could see the influence the aggressive team had on all the remaining teams – there was some serious blocking and ball stealing going on. We did breakfast/lunch with Kathy and Paul on both Saturday and Sunday. Michael bought a new recumbent bicycle on Sunday afternoon (sorry I have no pictures cause it is really cool) and we all went out for Mexican food to celebrate (the bike and the Olympics). This was the eliminations and I don’t think his team will go on to Sacramento for the finals. I have not taken any pictures in a while and I know I need to.

We are having a hard time finding time to plant things in between the rain. Hard to believe California is having this much rain this late in the season. I am sure it will all work out, but we have both vegetables and flowers that need to be planted. Yards need to be mowed and I hate to do it when the grass is so wet – not good for the blades of the mower.

Kodi has a big sore (abscess) between his little toe and the next one. Darci has some sort of lump on her hip – God, I wish we had dog insurance! I made an appointment for Darci for tomorrow afternoon and just found the abscess on Kodi this afternoon. I will talk to the vet and see if I can just get some ointment for Kodi’s foot. I would prefer not to have to take him in, but she will probably want to see him and check it out for herself.

Later . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dog is FAT poor thing if I would of left her alone she would not have to be on a diet.
bad mommy no cookie

Donna Rae said...

Jane,
Our old vet was used to Kodi and all his ailments, but this is a new vet and we are not that well established. Kodi was a rescue who needed MUCH attention in the beginning, but has pretty much settled in. Check out the pictures posted in January to take a look at the dogs:)