Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Fun Weekend

We packed up and did a quick trip to visit the grandkids this last weekend (Max and I were both needing a fix). It makes for a very hurried trip leaving after work on a Friday night and dealing with the traffic that is out there, but in the long run it is always worth it. We arrived tried and went right to bed (everyone except Denise were already asleep). We headed out to the Renaissance Faire Saturday afternoon and had a good time with that. Desirae was VERY excited to met the Queen and she was very kind and gracious. Desirae was very coy and shy, but the meeting took place and Desirae was given a "gold coin" (filled with chocolate) from the Queen. The day turned out beautifully and in the shade it was very pleasant. Deanna had an opportunity to run around and explore a bit (playing in the dirt and dancing to the music seemed to be her favorites).

Everyone had their turn at chasing her around (actually more like herding her).

On Sunday before we had to head home, Duane set up his Living Room Studio and we had great fun taking a bunch of pictues. We really got some great shots and it is nice to have good pictues of Max and I. Devin was not in the picture taking mode, but Duane got some great shots of Desirae and her Nana. Check Duane's blog for a sampling of some of the pictues (my favorite is me choking him)!

Monday morning I woke up with a head cold and I felt pretty miserable all day. Today is a better day and I have been messing with the new software I purchased for my sewing machine.

Later . . .

No comments: