Saturday, October 28, 2006

Slow Weekend

Yesterday we were up early so Max could give some fasting blood and I had x-rays on my "video thumb". I am wearing a thumb brace that seems to be helping to stabilize the joint and the movement (needless to say I have NOT been playing any video games lately). We dropped the Xterra in for brakes and an oil change (way overdue for oil and the brakes we screaming). We came home and worked a bit in the yard cleaning out the overgrowth of a dying garden. Max then messed around with her fly tying stuff and I in my sewing room.

I was very excited to give my new "fabric mover with stitch regulator" a spin. Alas, that was not to happen because it arrived broken. I tried to attach it to my machine, but it was obvious that it was not moving smoothly or correctly. Had to pack it up and send it back so they can send me a replacement. That was a big disappointment, but I did get some embriodery done. Not only did I purchase the fabric mover, but I also purchased the entire 3D Suite (which is no doubt going to take me MONTHS to figure out how to use all the gadgets and accessories). I did do a Celtic Sun on one of the scarves that I plan to send to Ireland for Christmas (turned out pretty nice). Getting set up and actually doing the embroidery takes quite some time, so I guess I better get busy if I want to have a bunch finished in time to ship to Ireland for Christmas. I have a variety of Celtic designs that I plan to use on the scarves.Today after we picked up my Xterra, we changed the oil on the Quads and got them started. Max is going to take them to work on Monday (they have a lot where people put cars and such that they are tying to sell). It was fun to ride them around the street a little - makes me wish we lived in an area where we could ride them without a gazillion other people!

Later . . .

No comments: