Thursday, November 02, 2006

Horrible Day

I have been trying really hard not to complain about my health, but I basically am sick and tired of being sick and tired. After I finished my radiation treatment I felt pretty good. I healed quickly and was actually starting to get some energy back. THEN I had to start taking Arimidex, which is the drug of choice for breast cancer patients. The side affects are killing me! Actually I think the worst part is STILL feeling like I have cancer. I guess I was hoping that once the surgery and radiation was over it would be behind me, but I am getting an almost daily reminder of having cancer. I guess on most days I feel like I have a really bad case of the flu. My joints are experiencing a lot of pain. It is hard to get out of bed in the mornings or to get up from my chair if I have been sitting at my sewing machine or my computer. I am hoping that once I have knee surgery it will releive the majority of pain in my right knee. I bounce around the list of side affects, taking part in the misery of most of them. I have an oncologist appointment on November 9th and I am compling a list of questions. I would like to not be taking the medication, but it is a tough call.

Max and I ventured out to a "Craft Fair" tonight to get a look at what people are selling and what kind of prices they are asking. We have been considering making some stuff and giving it a try, but I am not sure that is the way I want to go. After the fair we went out for dinner, but stopped by a pet store first. Max found the "Giant Ant Farm" she has been wanting for ages. She had one as a kid and really enjoyed it and has been talking about getting another one - and there it was! After we took the grandkids to see "The Ant Bully" it has been on her mind.

I do not like to complain about how I have been feeling, but thought it might be appropriate to let people know just how fatigued, pained and depressed I am; which results in not doing a lot of communication or correspondence. i continually try to maintain a good attitude, but I am tired of being tired (I am ready for bed at 8:00 PM and sleep until 8:00 AM). I am getting my most pleasure these day from speding time in my sewing room.

Kodi and Darci have both been sick and that is not making things any easier for me. Darci has been having some urine problems with major accidents in the house. We are working on upwards of a $400 vet bill. Darci had blood and urine samples today and we will get the results tomorrow. Kodi has infected feet and is on antibotics and foot powder. Ahhhhh the joys of parenthood with no insurance!

Later . . .

No comments: