Sunday, November 12, 2006

Quiet Weekend

Max took off Thursday night for her fishing trip with Paul and I stayed behind with the dogs. We have had an uneventful weekend. I made it to the JoAnn's Veterans Day Sale and picked up a couple of things. I played around with my new "Fabric Mover with Stitch Regulator" and have decided it is going to take a lot of practice to get the hang of free motion quilting. Of course if I had done any previously it might be easier (leave it to me to jump head on into something I don't understand). I think I will get the hang of it and will probably start small - like quilting placemats. I finished most of the scarves I need to do and decided to change gears and work on my quilt top. I have my Celtic circles now put together, but I find the real challenge in quilting is actually putting batting, backing and binding on! I am sure the best way to learn is to practice; therefore, I may take on that challenge this afternoon. I am being lazy and have not taken any pictures, but some may follow in the days to come.

Later . . .

No comments: