Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Flight Day for Warren

Warren, Ann and Jesse came down for dinner on Friday night and then Max cooked breakfast for everyone before we took off at 0800 to make the drive to Sonoma for Warren to take his airplane ride. We wanted to arrive when they opened and get Warren in the air before it got too hot. We were warned the plane he would be flying was enclosed with glass windows and it gets pretty hot in there if it is hot outside.

We arrived early enough for Warren to be the first in line to fly the "Texan" that he wanted to fly. The people there were extremely nice. Warren had a wonderful time with the pilot doing loops and rolls and such. Warren was given the controls and he got to fly quite a bit over the area. Initially they were going to fly to the coast, but when they arrived it was really foggy, hence they came back to our area; which was nice because we got to watch. Max got some really great shots. I got most of the adventure on video, but I cannot get it on my Mac. I need to go buy a firewire cable that has 4 pins on one end and 6 on the other (I have one that is 4 and 4, but it will not work with my Mac).


Warren had such a good time and he was VERY happy. He was given a certificate and a t-shirt. I am sure it is something that he will treasure for a long time. He told me it was the BEST father's day he had ever had! It actually looked like it would be fun to take a flight with them. Don't think I would be up for the loops and rolls, but going in an open bi-plane might be fun.

Anyway, that was the weekend and it turned out well. Kathy and Paul did not go with us as Michael had to work and Paul was working on the bathroom. We did see everyone for a bit on Friday night after Kathy came back from Red Bluff with Michael (he was vacationing with his grandparents while we were in Vegas and stayed on for another week).

We are gearing up for the grandkids. We are driving down on Thrusday after Max gets off work and then coming back on Saturday - that will give Max a day off with the kids before she has to go back to work. We are going to keep them until mid-week so that Max can have a weekend with them. I know they will keep me busy, but I will try to blog with pictures of the kids while they are here.

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
WOW!! EVERYONE LOOKS EXCITED!!
COOL
I'll write more later
LOVE YOU!!
Deb