Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Grandkids have arrived

Max and I make the drive to Cal City after she got off work on Thrusday. With the 5:00 PM traffic it was about 10:45 before we arrived in Cal City. We had a nice day on Friday with Denise and the kids and then we were able to spend a little time with Duane Friday night. We packed up the kids and headed home around 11:00 AM on Saturday.

We got them settled in and the adventure begins! It is such a MAJOR help to have Max around to help out - I will be missing her a lot this week. After a good pancake breakfast, we set up their new swimming pool. While we were filling the pool they all took a dip in the "no so hot" hot tub. I had turned the temperature down a while ago because we don't really use it when it is hot. Then enjoyed themselves and once Devin got over his fear of falling they had some fun - especially with the jets! Desirae was especially happy because she had never been in a "hot tub" before (and she still hasn't been in a HOT one).

They transferred to the other pool - which is much larger than the one we had last year and had some fun. My battery went dead on my camera, but I will get pictures tomorrow. The new pool has much more room for splashing and playing, but Deanna tends to bail when a lot of splashing is happening. I did get out the little plastic one and she played in that for a bit by herself.

It is GREAT to have them here, but I must admit it is a major adjustment on my part.

Later . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that weather looks fab.. i love the hot tub they look to be having a ball

Anonymous said...

Can't believe how big the kids are getting. Looks like they're having a great time!
Love you, Deb