Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Grandchildren

I must say they are keeping me busy. Now I completely understand why one has children when they are younger. Actually things have been going quite well. The age difference shows up a bit when it comes to playing in the pool. Deanna wants to play, but is not as confident in the water environment as the other two. She tends to stay in the little pool and entertain herself - with dog toys it seems. The pool is their major attraction and it is what they want to do all the time. I wish we had one that was bigger so I could actually get in with them and teach them how to swim.

We all watched a movie yesterday "Flushables", which was quite interesting and really pretty cute. I am taking the opportunity to work on hand work (sewing on binding) while they are playing in the pool, playing video games or watching a movie. It has not been so hot lately so sitting outside with them is easier to do. If it is really hot, I just sit inside by the sliding glass door so I can see them while they play in the water. I will not let in the hot tub unless I am right there with them - too easy to fall in there.

Max decided to paint the girls' fingernails on Sunday night - Desirae chose green sparkle and Deanna choose red like my toe nails. Hardest part was having them sit still until they dried - which Desirae accomplished and Deanna did not.

We have thawed out cookie dough to make cookies tonight. We also need to make a cake for Max's birthday, but that will be on Wednesday (not her birthday, but the cake making). Max is taking Thursday off for her birthday and we are having Kathy, Paul and Michael over for a barbecue. We are also considering going to a matinee Thursday afternoon. The movie of choice will either be "Return of the Ice Age" or "Up".

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So where did you get the patience to not only tie flies, but paint tiny, wiggling childrens fingernails?!?
You are truly awesome!
Love, Deb