Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Missing the Grandkids

Glad I didn't decide to slice the top of my finger off while the kids where here. I managed to do it in a spot that if I bent my finger it would come open. I took a pretty good slice right at the top of the knuckle - opps! I was cleaning the drain in the sink and slipped. It is having a difficult time healing because of the bend. To keep it from bending, we made a splint from a card reader that would not work with my memory sticks.

After the grandkids left, we knew that Jesse was coming down with his kids so we left the pools up with water. It is amazing the attraction of that little pool! Jesse went swimming with the kids and they had a blast in the bigger pool.

I have my sewing room back and did some embroidery yesterday (I would give it up again to have the kids - the house is quiet and LONELY). I made the horse shirt to donate for a silent auction that is being held for R.E.A.C.H. I am doing it for the benefit of Michael. I am also making a dog quilt and a baby quilt. I added the spools of thread to the front of the shirt that I had previously put "When Life Gives You Scraps - Make Quilts" on the back. I am hoping to get something on my quilt machine today and get back in the grove of quilting. I am thinking I would like to try to use a pantograph and see how that works out. I have sooooooooooo many things to learn and try.


Our fishing trip is just around the corner September 4th - 11th) and we are all looking forward to taking off for a week. Max and Paul are looking forward to not only float tubing in the lakes, but being able to fly fish in the Carson River. Time will tell how my knee will hold up for tubing.

Later . . .



No comments: